[TenTec] Built in SWR meter bannans

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Mon Apr 22 10:50:01 EDT 2013

What Rick reported is perfectly sound!

If the currents in each of the bifilar pair are balanced - that is they
are equal magnitude and opposite phase - there will be no net flux in
the core. If they are *not* balanced, there *is* then a CM component
that will tend to drive flux in the core, and be opposed by that flux.

In other words, that arrangement tends to drive current balance in the
two legs of the ladderline.

It's exactly the system I use to transition from ladderline on my
multiband doublet to my unbalanced 238 tuner.

73,
Steve G3TXQ