[TenTec] Built in SWR meter bannans

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Wed Apr 24 15:54:08 EDT 2013

Certainly Sevick's books are some of the very few available on the
topic, but I'm not sure I would call them "definitive works". I know
that may appear to be heresy, but I've now "invested" in 3 of Sevick's
books, and I have to say I'm less than impressed with some aspects.

For example:

* Pretty well all of his measurements relate to the differential-mode
performance of baluns - I can't find any significant measurements on
their CM performance
* His understanding of what drives CM current at a coax-fed dipole's
feedpoint is flawed
* He seems to think you can wind a 4:1 Guanella balun on a single core

73,
Steve G3TXQ