[TenTec] OT: Openwire/Window Line and Bad Wx

Al Gulseth wb5jnc at centurytel.net
Thu Aug 1 11:47:29 EDT 2013

Steve,

Since you're our "guinea pig" on this one, are you willng to try putting some
wax on the line and then re-running the wet vs. dry tests to see if that
makes any difference as some claim? Although I'm not sure what kind of wax to
recommend, I did find this reference to using "boat or airplane high
dielectric wax" on window line:

<snip> I used to coat my ladderline (the punched 300 or 450 ohm ribbon) with a
layer of boat or airplane high dielectric wax.  And it did make a difference
in the NE winters. <snip>

eHam: KE3WD  Nov QST Ladder Line loss  Reply #13
http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php?topic=44059.0

TNX/73, Al