[TenTec] OT: Openwire/Window Line and Bad Wx

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Sat Aug 3 10:50:48 EDT 2013

Bob,

Perhaps I had better explain clearly why I am carrying out these
ladderline tests.

I believe that the "wet" ladderline losses reported by Wes Stewart, and
those predicted by at least two of the popular on-line calculators, are
sufficiently high that some folk could be put off using the stuff. It
seemed to me important to understand: how Stewart arrived at his
figures; why Stewart's figures are so different from the ARRL
measurements; what sort of losses can be expected in practice.

That's all :)

73,
Steve G3TXQ