[TenTec] Argonaut V receiver noise

Richards jrichards at k8jhr.com
Tue Aug 6 17:43:34 EDT 2013

On 8/6/2013 5:10 PM, doug hengel wrote:

> A secondary question, does anyone have any experience with the external
> audio DSP speakers? Do they help with power line noise?

	Only a little.   I have used several audio
	DSP filters, and they are only helpful,
	but not a serious cure, for that sort of
	noise.   Similarly with lots of noise, they
'	are only helpful.  They are pretty good with
	white-type noise, such as hiss and random
	static, and background stuff, but only marginally
	useful on certain buzzing and ground loop type
	sounds.   (being more descriptive than technical
	here...)

	So, yes... helpful, but I would seek better
	cures if you have serious line noise.

	Just MY take.   Your mileage may differ.

/