[TenTec] Wet ladderline -- Comments on QST report

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Fri Aug 9 09:33:15 EDT 2013

That's probably close enough for this sort of work!

But it's maybe worth pointing out that an unmatched line does not have
uniform losses along its length - the losses are higher at the standing
wave current maxima than they are at the minima. On a line with an SWR
of 6:1 the losses at the current maxima will be 36 times those at the
minima. So, for accurate calculations on an unmatched line, you can't
simply scale the losses linearly with length.

73,
Steve G3TXQ