[TenTec] pc to orion

jack jfriend31 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 11 21:18:23 EDT 2013

Bob, do you have a COM port? if not use a COM Port to USB cable. set the
connection speed to whatever COM port you get HRD to recognize, Baud rate to
57600, Data bits 8, Parity NONE, Stop bits 2, RTS PTT, DTR to CW if you wish
to do CW.

when you open the connection setup and search for the right COM port
(whether using a REAL or assigned COM port for the serial to USB cable) HRD
should offer you some indication of what COM ports you really have. in my
case using my software there is an asterisks beside the ACTIVE COM Ports.

in my case I have a real COM port and a serial to USB cable for connecting
my Orions to the computer. the serial to USB cables read my Orions. one
Orion is keyed CW by serial to USB cable and the other is keyed by the real
COM 1 port.

the BAUD rate setting is CRITICAL!

73 jack
ak7o