[TenTec] Orion, Eagle, and OMNI 7

Richards jrichards at k8jhr.com
Tue Aug 13 21:29:38 EDT 2013

I have several in the shack for Hi Fi and ham use, I have some old
Realistic (RadioCrack) 10-band equalizers Cat. Co. 31-275 and 31-1989,
and a Sansui GM77, and all of these can be had in good condition for
under $50 on eBay if you shop carefully.  New ones by Behringer, or
Technical Pro, or maybe Peavey can be had for around $99 or so.
Sometimes you can use one channel of a stereo model on one rig, and the
other on another rig, allowing for separate EQ of two rigs.

TenTec radios are cool because they sometimes have a LINE-OUT jack on
the rear (typically on the octopus accessory ACC-1 jack cable) and that
allows you to use the rig speaker, or an extension speaker, plus route
the audio at Line-Level to the EQalizer and powered speakers, and even
use the headphone jack separately and still have the audio routed to the
LINE-OUT line level jack  (and maybe put your headphones into the final
speaker/headphone device) - or - you can route the speaker out to the EQ
and powered speakers, or the like, and you have some flexibility on
where to put it.  I use the LINE-OUT to the EQ and then input that into
a TimeWave DSP 599zx audio filter, and use its separate output to
powered speakers and/or headphones.

AND, you can usually bypass the EQalizer if you like.

Hope this helps... I can do photos, too...  just ask.