[TenTec] Log, help

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Aug 25 11:29:06 EDT 2013

On 8/25/2013 7:51 AM, PC Anderson wrote:
> Hello all, this is way off topic. I am looking for a general logging program that can be printed without going through a bunch of intermediate steps.

What do you want to print?  When I got back on the air in 2003, I
adopted DXKeeper, a free logging program. It does almost anything a ham
would want to do with a log, prints cards, address labels, lists of
countries you've worked, countries you need to work, counties, states,
IOTAs, CQ zones and fields.Once you are set up with LOTW and eQSL, you
can tell it to upload your log, and download QSLs any time you want to.
It can also import/export log files to/from other logging programs using
the ADIF format. I'm an active contester, and use the N1MM logger for
contesting. After each contest, N1MM generates an ADIF file that I
import into DXKeeper, and then have DXKeeper upload to LOTW and eQSL.

DXKeeper will even organize your DXCC submission in the new format that
ARRL requires, and generate the file to submit to them.  When you enter
a call in the QSO entry window, the DXKeeper log window will show
previous QSOs with that station, including name, QTH, band, etc.

Because I was immediately happy with DXKeeper when I tried it ten years
ago, I've not looked at other logging programs, so I can't say that it's
better than any specific alternative, but I sure do like it, I've
recommended to a lot of others who also told me they like it, and who
are actively using it.

73, Jim K9YC