[TenTec] FS: Omni VII SSB Rx Replacement Filter by INRAD/Rockwell Collins

dhhdeh at comcast.net dhhdeh at comcast.net
Mon Dec 9 12:14:30 EST 2013

Hi All,

Prior to the recent sale of my Omni VII, I had purchased and installed from INRAD a Rockwell Collins drop-in filter replacement for the 2.5 KHz TT stock SSB Rx filter. It is sold as their #726 filter (unspecified radio; bare filter-no board). It measures 2.9 KHz bandwidth at -6 dB (measured by Rockwell Collins at -3 dB; INRAD measures bandwidth at -6 dB).

It provides a more pleasant SSB receive audio than the stock Rockwell Collins filter used by Ten Tec in the Omni VII without sacrificing receive selectivity. I really enjoyed its performance.

No firmware issues are created as the Omni VII thinks it is seeing a 2.5 KHz stock filter when that bandwidth is dialed in on the front panel bandwidth control. The new filter sits in the space occupied by the stock TT filter and is a snap to install or remove. It plugs in with no soldering.

I replaced it with the stock Omni VII filter at the time of the rig’s sale and now would like to offer this filter to anyone who is interested in improving their Omni VII SSB receive audio. I paid $140 for it new.

Asking $105 shipped in the USA via USPS Priority Mail.

Please e-mail with interest or questions 73 de N1LQ-Dave