[TenTec] Ground Loops in the Station

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Mon Dec 9 16:11:35 EST 2013

Jim,

Since I have been a ham, I have heard about, read about and been warned
about ground loops.
You say the entire concept is plain wrong.
I don't challenge that statement but I would like to understand why.

I have read lots of stuff on grounds and it appears to me that there is
nothing than anyone says or writes that isn't contradicted by someone else,
elsewhere.

I assume most people are in the same boat I am; I have no clue what to
believe on this topic and in the meantime when someone asks me how to ground
their station, I respond with "I haven't a clue; read the ARRL Handbook."

I understand that this topic is beyond the scope of this group or emails,
but perhaps you could point us to a good source for reading about this.
Like everything else on the web, you never know if you can trust the source
or not.

Any tips?
Tnx.

73