[TenTec] which power supply…station efficiency

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at hawaiiantel.net
Fri Dec 13 22:04:46 EST 2013

>I would prefer to have separate power supplies for each of the hf rigs just to get some isolation between them rf wise….has this been a problem with anyone else?
>Have been using clamp on ferrite chokes on the dc line from the strip to the rigs but can't tell if they are really doing anything.

I'm curious about why you need "isolation between them rf wise" on the DC power leads. I think there should not be enough RF on the DC power leads to bother another radio connected to the same DC power supply. Is this a station where multiple operators are using the radios? Is more than one transceiver going to be transmitting at a time? If not, it would be more efficient to have one power supply that can supply the current draw of one transceiver in transmit mode and the rest in receive mode. That would be more efficient than multiple power supplies that can each supply enough current for a transceiver transmitting.

DE N6KB