[TenTec] Yamaha CM500 headset and Orion II

Phil Sikes psikes at whidbey.net
Sat Dec 14 19:50:10 EST 2013

Hello to the group. I just picked up one of these headsets and I must say
they are very comfortable. Incorporating them into my Orion II station is
going to be nice. I just have a couple of questions of anyone else using one
of them. First, did you make your own pad for the mike audio or use a
commercial version? If home brew, what did you use? Secondly, I would like
to dump the battery box that brings power to the electrets element (2xAA's)
and make use of the +10vdc at the mike connector. Yamaha wanted my first
born, complete email list and just about every other piece of info on me
just to ask a question on how much voltage the element could take. One
person did ask about using 48v phantom power and was told no that the max
was 15v. If that is the case then I will use the 10 v available. Has anyone
else tried this method?

73 and thanks in advance, Phil N7UX

"LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN
A PRETTY AND WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE,
THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY PROCLAIMING----WOW----WHAT
A RIDE!!!"