[TenTec] Night vision for Ten Tec Argosy 525

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Sun Dec 22 04:26:43 EST 2013

Marv,

I don't have the link but if you get it off reflector, please share it.
Never know, I might one day pick up another 525.
It was one of my favorite radios.

In this day and age of LED lights, it's easy enough to come up with a
solution.
I used to work portable by candlelight.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Marvin
Haynes
Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2013 9:55 AM
To: tentec at contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Night vision for Ten Tec Argosy 525

I recently got a Ten Tec Argosy 525 at a local hamfest for a fantastic
price.  It has a serial # in the 600's, so I know it has the latest receiver
improvements that Ten Tec made over its production run.  My only complaint
with it is that you cant see the dial skirt markings in low lighting
conditions ( I have the analog dial version) .   Through Google , I was able
to find an article in the "QRp Journal" entitled " nite lighting for the
Ten-Tec Argosy 525", but the link to it is now dead.  Can someone provide me
a link or copy of the article?  Thanks, Marvin , WB4OKM