[TenTec] OMNI VI Keyer Speed Adjustment, TX OUT, TXEN

Jim Goudie jagoudie at comcast.net
Wed Dec 25 00:47:05 EST 2013

Hi Reed,

I'm not sure if this will do what you want, but...  there is a way to be able to key the sidetone without keying the transceiver.  It's in the manual... and I'm not sure of the exact procedure and I'm not near the rig.  I think this does it, but check me on it.

first press the ST button -- the upper right hand button the the front panel.  That makes the sidetone sound so you can adjust the frequency, etc.

Then, press the CW mode button.  The sidetone will shut off, but now when you key the rig, the sidetone is keyed, but the transceiver is not.

If that's not it, it's close :-)

Good luck & 73
Jim, AF3Z