[TenTec] Omni VI + Audio noise

Peter Inskeep pinskeep at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 12 21:37:11 EST 2013

Hi, All,

Hope I am on the right reflector for this.  My Omni VI Plus is behaving strangely.  I noticed it this evening when I was fox hunting and working the NAQCC at the same time (well, wanting to work foxes!).  Anyway, the band is hot, so I have turned down the rf gain to about 12 o'clock, and the audio up to about 12 o'clock.  After doing so, I am hearing the encoder clicking in my earphones as I turn the main tuning knob.  Also, as I press any of the buttons in the brown area, such as band, NR, or one of the filters, I hear a click in the audio similar to that which I hear when I turn the main tuning knob.  The same thing happens when I turn the RIT/XIT knob.

Any idea what might be happening here?  I have not tried to trouble shoot this as I am still working to get the Colorado fox.  Tough going, as I am also in CO., and not far from him.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Pete, NO2D.

PS.  I did manage to get AA4XX, Paul, the NC fox.