[TenTec] Open wire line

Curt rhulett1 at consolidated.net
Fri Feb 15 19:43:07 EST 2013

FWIW, have used the RS 300 ohm for years, initially a cheap sub waiting for
wireman window line to arrive.  I figured  it would fail in a few weeks or
months, but the 300 ohm is still up and working 6 years later feeding 88'
doublets at home QTH and weekend place, so the window line has stayed in the
box it came in.   100 degree Texas summers, 20 degree winters, rain, ice,
the 300ohm just keeps working.  None of the feedline is buried, but it isn't
routed with any particular care either.  I use an MN-4C tuner with B1000
balun on the back at one location and an MFJ versatuner with internal balun
at the other to work 40M-10M.  The only coax is from the radio to the tuner.

No doubt the RS300 wouldn't stand up to higher power levels, I don't own an
amp, operate QRP or QRPp mostly, with some CW/SSB at 100W.  Have worked a
lot of DX with these antennas, recently worked 1900 miles with 200 mW on
10M.

Curt KB5JO