[TenTec] OT: Openwire Balanced Antenna Tuners (QST Test)

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Tue Feb 19 16:53:11 EST 2013

Pretty high Q values can be achieved if you choose the toroid mix and
the winding spec carefully.

For example, according to the Micrometals Q Curve Application
Information book a T200-6 core wound with 30 turns of #18 wire achieves
a Q >300 across the range 1.5MHz to 7.5MHz, and peaks at over 400.
That's significantly better than a commercial air-cored roller-inductor
I measured at the same inductance value.

73,
Steve G3TXQ