[TenTec] External Speaker for Paragon II (307G)

Donnie cfzepp at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 17:24:04 EST 2013

I'm not a MFJ fan by any means but I have found that the 3" MFJ-281 Clear
Tone speaker is the best sounding speaker I have ever used. It's a Mylar
cone speaker, only cost $12.95 and is highly efficient speaker.  The first
thing most folks think is that there is no way a cheap $12.95 speaker could
sound better than a $100 + speaker but you will be greatly fooled.

The internal speaker in the TenTec 960, 961 and 962 power supplies and the
internal speakers in the Paragon, Omni 5 & 6's are some of the worst
sounding speaker I have ever listened to. I was not impressed with the TT
307 series speakers either. I'm a Omni 6+ owner and use it with the MFJ-281
Clear Tone speaker daily. I can't speak for the internal speaker in the
Orion I or II or the Eagle.

This is just my opinion of course but its a funny thing, everyone that has
taken my advise is still using the MFJ-281 Clear Tone speaker. That speaker
really excels  on cw.

Donnie / WA9TGT