[TenTec] Balaned Tuner

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Sat Feb 23 13:38:50 EST 2013

Who says "money can't buy me love"?  (hi)

Just $1500 and you can call one of these babies your own.

It uses a balanced-Pi circuit, and I suspect it will be a LOT more efficient
than the balanced-T that MFJ sells.
And of course there is a world of difference in the component quality.
My hunch is that it will match a wider range than the balanced-L that
Palstar sells.
The only problem is, it costs nearly 4x as much as the MFJ and twice as much
as the Palstar.

AS LONG AS WE'RE DREAMING, HERE'S ANOTHER:
http://www.hamware.de/hardware/tuner615B/at615B-e.htm

The AT-615B also uses a balanced-Pi circuit, but it separates the RF-unit
from the control-unit.
That way you can locate the RF deck outside, near the antenna, run
well-matched coax to the house, and control it all from the comfort of your
shack.  Note: this is still a manual tuner, it is not an automatic
tuner...but it has 85 memory locations, which makes it automatic once you
have set it up.
PRICE:  About 50% more than the LL-Tuner.  :-(

"Made in America" may be nice and the Kool-Aid tastes great, but . . .
OTHER MOTHERS ALSO HAVE CUTE DAUGHTERS!

73
Rick, DJ0IP