[TenTec] TEN-TEC SSB NETS TOMORROW

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Sun Feb 24 02:18:07 EST 2013

I am kinda confused.   As part of a team that holds a record in the
Michigan QSO party, I thought I understood how these QSO Parties work.
  I cannot imagine how they could conduct a state QSO Party on a single
frequency, unless its was sort of a dud.   I presume it works like the
Michigan and Ohio QSO Parties, in that the entire band could be consumed
by a myriad of operators - they won't be confined to just one frequency.

So why the fuss?   How is this different from any other Sunday?   At any
time, the frequency could be in use by other operators, QSO Party or
not, and if someone is working our frequency, either they QSY to another
frequency, or we do.  We could encounter this problem at any time on any
day.

Please, I am a relatively new guy on the team, asking a serious
question.  This is not a flame or critical argument.   Am I missing
something here?   Is this really such a special case ?

Thank you.