[TenTec] Hamfests in general

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Feb 25 02:31:06 EST 2013

On 2/18/2013 11:02 PM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
> Jim, what you noticed is exactly what smart companies are doing.
> Instead of going to expensive hamfests, they are advertising in media which
> specifically cater to potential users of the products they sell.

I just saw an announcement on the Elecraft list that they will have a
booth at the Raleigh, NC hamfest. Perhaps you know something they don't.
Or vice versa.

BTW -- you mentioned several times you face these decisions with your
business. What sort of business is it?  Related to ham radio?
Professional, industrial, or retail?  FWIW, I made my living for about
ten years selling pro audio to broadcasters, and the last 25 years of my
professional life as a design consultant for sound systems for public
buildings. I don't consider myself an expert on sales or marketing, but
I have at least some appreciation of it. That time in sales was all
direct contact with my clients, mostly the chiel engineers of radio and
TV stations, but also guys in similar capacities in the A/V departments
of major corporations.

73, Jim K9YC