[TenTec] COMMUNICATIONS SPEAKERS Article

Don Allen w9cw at w9cw.com
Wed Feb 27 08:06:08 EST 2013

FWIW... I find this speaker excellent for use with my Ten-Tec transceivers:

http://www.avantonepro.com/Avantone-Passive-MixCube-Monitors-In-Black.html

They are available either in Active or Passive models, but the Passive
model has excellent efficiency.  Avantone specs recommend an audio input
power level at 10 to 200W, but I find it easily driven to shack-filling
volume levels even with a LM380 output stage.  Not inexpensive, but
cheaper than most IKYT "aesthetically-matching" speakers.

73
Don W9CW