[TenTec] Quick Update

John Henry jhenry at tentec.com
Fri Jan 11 16:33:57 EST 2013

To let everyone know, our 2nd production run for the Argonaut VI Model 539
is coming along, pretty much per schedule, worst case we should have a full
run ready for sales/shipment somewhere between the end of January and the
1st or 2nd week of February. All depends upon when we get coils and
faceplates in.

We only have 5 beta units left to sell. That's good considering they went
into stock and sales went quick that very same day. Have another beta unit
that will get put up for sale when we get new faceplates in. These were
used by the beta testers, and for the most part, they were babied as if
they were their own. Standard 10% off price and come with standard demo
warranty.

We still have 3 of the original run that we haven't sold, but haven't made
them available yet until we get new faceplates in for them. Once the
faceplates come in, we will have them up for sale that afternoon. Should be
able to find them for sale between Jan 21 and 25.

I'm buttoning up the GUI installer and should have that posted
today/tonight/Saturday at the VERY latest. Trying to ensure it works on as
many different Windows XP and Windows 7 computers as I can find. It is
interesting what computer manufacturers include in the Windows operating
system installs, and what some computer manufacturers don't include in the
Windows operating system installs. I haven't tested on Windows 8 yet, and
probably won't before I upload the GUI installer. Will hopefully do that
next week, or one of the first downloaders will. If anyone does, please
post the facts, success or failure. The GUI isn't a "real-time" operating
GUI, but a setup program and a way to define the Software Definable Buttons
(SDB), and to store setup configurations on your PC for quick retrieval.

I will look at what I need to do for a firmware update in February, e.g. do
we add VOX? do we change xxx???? bugs ??? etc. Weigh that with other
firmware updates, and current projects, and determine which has priority.

I am getting a lot of positive emails from purchasers on how good the audio
sounds, how simple it is to use (well, all the main functions anyway), and
the great reports people are getting on transmit audio. Can't believe it's
a 10w rig. Compared to competitors. Very grateful that it is full 10w in
digital modes, working the world with this one.

Thanks for everyone's patience, just trying to keep y'all abreast of how we
are coming along with the 539, and that we are listening.

On other news we did post the RX366 schematics on the RX366 product page,
and I will post the 539 schematics tonight/tomorrow as well.

Thanks, and 73,
John Henry, KI4JPL
TenTec Engineering