[TenTec] "Tune" rf power adjustment?

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Mon Jan 21 23:38:47 EST 2013

I have an Omni VII -- and I don't know if your rig works like mine, but
here is a suggestion:   Set the Power level below 17 watts output, say
down to 10 watts, and the tune button will use that instead of the
standard or default setting.  If you have power out set to 100 watts,
then the tune button uses something like 17-20 watts as a default tune
level, but if you lower output power below that level, then it uses the
lower power out setting.   Sorry if this is not clear... probably says
it better in the user guide or on a FAQ on the web site.

Hope this helps.  I apologize in advance if your rig does not work like
mine does.

On 1/20/2013 7:54 AM, jack at w9owo.com wrote:

> I have a remote tuner that "likes" to tune at 6 to 10 Watts. My O2 (without
> built-in tuner) puts out about 20 Watts.  Is there a "secret" menu option
> that would let me reduce the "Tune" power?

../,