[TenTec] OT: CQWW 160m CW this weekend

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Sun Jan 27 18:22:42 EST 2013

The contest is over and I don't think I worked anyone from our group.

Results:
 <> 678 QSOs
 <> 47 Countries
 <> 17 States
 <> 3 Canadian Provinces
 <> 216,745 points

Rig Here:
 <> Ten-Tec Eagle + [modified] Model 318 Amp Keyer
 <> Heathkit SB-1000 running @ 600w
 <> Inverted-L hung in the trees
 <> MFJ Keyer (I prefer an external keyer in contests)

For the first time ever, the fan finally switched on, on my Eagle.
I had been calling CQ for a longer period of time.
I had never heard it before.  Usually I only work S & P.
Startled me at first.  Couldn't figure out what the noise was.  It wasn't
loud, just strange to me.
I ran the Eagle at 60w, enough to drive the Amp to 600w.

It goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway), the Eagle performed like a
champ.
I wouldn't trade it for any other radio on the planet, not even a
Hilberling.

73
Rick, DJ0IP
("DM5P" in the contest)

PS:  James, I worked Michigan 3 times; where were you?