[TenTec] Yaesu comparison

Barry N1EU barry.n1eu at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 13:53:02 EST 2013

Sorry, but IMHO that test is meaningless, standing on its own.

DSP filtering at "1800hz" on radio A may actually be equivalent to "1600hz"
on radio B.  DSP filter slope may be set up very differently on the
radios.  Etc Etc

It would be more meaningful (but still of dubious value), if instead he
just tuned to band noise, fed the audio into a soundcard and showed the
audio passband on spectrum analyzer software.  The next step would be to
match the displayed passbands as best as possible using the rigs'
controls.  And then if he repeated that test, they would probably perform
identically.

73,
Barry N1EU