[TenTec] Orion II has ended production

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Mon Jul 1 04:08:22 EDT 2013

Joe, don't just "take a look", use your ears and "listen" to the K3.

I did, and I compared it to an Eagle, side by side for about a month.
I sold the K3.  Crappy audio.
And NO, the firmware update did not fix it.  It just improved it.
It's still bad audio.

73
Rick, DJ0IP

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Joe W2KJ
Sent: Sunday, June 30, 2013 3:23 AM
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II has ended production

Take a look at the Elecraft K3...it's receiver(s) are at the top of the charts.

I have a K3 and really enjoy using it...best receiver I have used in 51 years of hamming...oh, and the QSK ain't bad either (grin).

I sold my Orion a while back after being disappointed that Ten Tec didn't really follow up on firmware updates for many months after bugs were discovered and reported.

With John Henry back in the company hopefully that won't be the case anymore.

Interested in what Ten Tec will follow the Orion family with.

			73, Joe W2KJ