[TenTec] Orion 2 situation

leen3lpj leen3lpj at nep.net
Mon Jul 1 09:39:42 EDT 2013

        During the winter I mentioned to a friend that I was expecting a new
radio or sucessor to the Orion . A couple of months later people were
starting to talk on this net about the same thing .
        Now we could be at that point , I hope .
         I didn't get to see the actual report from Ten Tec but from what
I,ve read from the emails here ,if they are just coming out with a new radio
they could have done a better job of announcing this to the world .
         I hope this is the case . If you look at the last few months they
stopped advertising in QST, although they did some small adds .
          Unfortunately finances seem to be at play here as they always are
.
         I currently use an Orion but also own an Omni 5 and the rx-320 . I
use to have an Omni D and  an Argosy . As you see as long as there is a Ten
Tec I'll be staying here .
         Lets just hope the message could have been put out better .

                      Lee    N3LPJ