[TenTec] Orion 2 situation

Lee WA3FIY wa3fiy at radioadv.com
Mon Jul 1 12:46:01 EDT 2013

On 1 Jul 2013 at 9:12, denton sprague wrote:

> I would love to see TT bring back a refined Pegasus!

I'd vote for that!    :-)

I doubt that will happen, although they could reduce the cost of the radio by eliminating the
control panel and displays.  Maybe design their next high end rig like the Jupiter which could
run in Pegasus Emulation mode or front panel mode.  Offer a version without front panel.
Would be less expensive but maybe not sufficiently less expensive to make it attractive.
Dunno.  I do know that the Pegasus (along with N4PY control software)  is very smooth and
responsive and is a joy to operate and is still a decent performer.   I have a Omni VI/3 and
Orion classic here and the Pegasus is still my daily driver.

Ah....it's fun to speculate while we are waiting.   :-)

73,

-Lee-

WA3FIY