[TenTec] Orion 2 situation

tony tonydicenzo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 12:40:29 EDT 2013

I believe there would be a sizable market for an Orion 3 if it were
similar in capability to the new Kenwood TS-990S and priced around 5K.

There are a lot of current and former TS-940/930/950 owners who waiting
for a replacement, but were disappointed when Kenwood priced the 990S at
$8K. They loved the functionality, but not the price and not necessarily
the footprint.

If TT could come out with a rig that had all the features of the
TS-990S, but 100 watts, and an optional (outboard) Main TFT display, it
would reduce the weight, and lower the price.

Anyone who is a serious DXer has a separate Linear, so 200 watts is not
needed. We also have keyers...why this fixation about building keyers
into high end gear?

And a rig that is 40 pounds or less would be better for anyone with a
bad back. I can't imaging having to lift the 990S.

But Kenwood has done some incredible things with it's main TFT. It would
be a high bar to come close to.

Do it TT, and I will be your first customer.

73,
KX1G