[TenTec] Orion 2 situation

MARY DOUGLAS mmdtodwd at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 15:44:56 EDT 2013

I hope the sales and marketing types, both here and Ten Tec will go back to
the October 1983 issue of QST and look at the performance figures for the
Yaesu FT-102. Receiver dynamic range was 95-102 and intermod on transmit
was -40 db.  Haven't made too much progress in terms of real performance.
 I might note that that the voltage to the mixer was way higher than 13.8
volts. Higher voltage would benefit more than just the transmitter.  Lot's
of interesting points here.