[TenTec] Orion 2 Situation

Carl Gansen wb0cff at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 21:25:08 EDT 2013

If an Orion 3 or Eagle II comes about, I'll probably get in line for a used
Orion II.
I like my classic Orion and an O2 might become more affordable once a
follow-on
rig comes forward.

I have to say, I like the fact that Ten Tec makes an attempt to lay in a
stash of parts
to keep their used gear serviceable.  It speaks of loyalty to their
customers and an ethical
urge to hold up their side of a bargain.  Not all manufacturers can make
that claim.

Of course, it is getting harder to judge the rate at which some components
become
obsolete and despite the best effort put forward, one can get caught short.

The enjoyment I get in terms of $pent/hour during the service lifetime of a
radio
is better than many other activities and hobbies. I can do it anytime I
want, all year
long.

The return on my Triton 4 has to be nearing pennies/hour.

--
Carl R. Gansen WB0CFF