[TenTec] Orion 2

Richards jrichards at k8jhr.com
Fri Jul 5 01:34:06 EDT 2013

On 7/4/2013 9:24 PM, georgefritkin at yahoo.com wrote:

  With refreshing and ergonomic changes many more years could be had.

	Why consider this is the end of the world?
	Why talk bout the Orion II as the paradigm
	or pinnacle of success?

	Perhaps TenTec will create a better radio
	if it starts from scratch.  It may produce
	another rig, on a different platform, which
	will be more refreshing and more ergonomic
	than a touched up Orion II.

	I trust TenTec knows what it is doing, and
	anticipate it will announce fresh new designs
	as soon as possible, even though I don't know
	when it will be possible.

Yes, parts could be an issue, but even that can be overcome.

	Why doubt TenTec's decision that it is
	either impossible or not worth doing?

	WE do not know what parts are involved?

	WE do not know whether or not a cost
	effective work around is feasible or even
	worth doing.

	Your statement implies TenTec CAN as well
	as SHOULD overcome the parts problem.  Maybe
	we should trust them and have faith the
	decision is for the best.  Let's have a
	little more faith in the team, eh?  Do you
	give up on your favorite pro ball team
	when the going gets tough?  I don't.  I
	assume any trades, terminations, acquisitions,
	etc., are made rationally and for the best.
	I would hope all of us could stop being
	worried and just hope for the best.

I would be a buyer,

	Of what?  Unless TT drops the O II and
	produces another rig, you already own
	the cream of the crop and have the whole
	line up.   I would think you would rather
	TT produce go in a new direction and
	produce something new, than merely maintain
	the status quo, or produce a refreshed or
	updated same-ol' same-ol' radio that is
	getting long in the tooth.

	No... I see this as an OPPORTUNITY, rather
	than a problem.

but I am afraid Ten Tec is becoming to introverted and showing a
diminishing lack of new product development talent.

	I don't knock any team I am on.  Why not
	trust they are doing their level best and
	why not assume it is all for the good?  Why
	not just stand by and see what comes next,
	instead of expecting the worst?

	I play a lot of basketball, and this is not
	the sort of negative team spirit I want
	on my team.

	I prefer to think this is a step in a
	great new direction.