[TenTec] Orion 2

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Jul 5 12:33:21 EDT 2013

On 7/5/2013 3:24 AM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
> If the display was kept simple and the extras were fed out a vga or hdmi
> port, then there would be more long-term security.

YES!  Suitable VGA monitors can be had for free if you ask around --
lots of us have replaced older ones with fancier new ones, and they
often go the landfill.  I wanted to add VGA monitors to my P3s, and I
wanted brighter displays for logging in a bright tent on Field Day.  A
post on the NCCC and NCDXC email reflectors produced eight of them,
mostly 1024x768. That's plenty of resolution for what I needed, and I
have several to give away (but I won't ship them). :)

73, Jim K9YC