[TenTec] Form Factor and Display Size

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Jul 5 15:13:25 EDT 2013

On 7/5/2013 9:53 AM, Barry N1EU wrote:
> I don't want to have to push a button to display my selectivity or PBT
> setting.  I don't want to do a push-hold to switch the display so that I
> can see the subrx settings (and push-hold to get back to main settings).  I
> don't want to have to twiddle the MIC knob to see my mic gain setting, or
> the CMP knob to see my compression setting, or the PWR knob to see my power
> setting.  ETC ETC  I want them all visible, all the time, at a glance.

Gee, you must change this stuff a LOT more often than I do. Of course, I
only make about 15,000 QSOs a year, and I only work 160M to 6M, and I
only work CW, SSB, RTTY, JT65, and FSK441. The only things I typically
change while I'm operating are RIT/XIT (that's a knob on the front panel
of the K3), the Main Tuning Knob, and the IF bandwidth (there's a visual
display on the K3, and if you move the bandwidth knob you will see the
current setting). But my EARS give me a pretty good idea of what the IF
bandwidth is.

I can't remember when the last time was that I changed the Mic Gain or
the Compression, or the built-in TXEQ and RXEQ settings.  I don't think
it's been this year. :)

73, Jim K9YC