[TenTec] Tuner

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Mon Jul 8 18:21:30 EDT 2013

The problem is most acute when the length of the coax transforms the
off-resonance feedpoint impedance to a low resistive value - for example
around 6 Ohms for 45ft of Rg-8X; the tuner then doesn't have enough
shunt capacitance to provide a match - about 2500pF would be needed. In
those situations - as Rick says - extra external capacitance would help.

Steve G3TXQ