[TenTec] Tuner

Stuart Rohre rohre at arlut.utexas.edu
Mon Jul 8 19:48:13 EDT 2013

Hi there,
You are candidate for my tip of the week.  If you have a window in the
shack on the same side as the rig/ desk, you simply need to run the
window line, (insulated) under the sash and close the window.

If you have metal sashes, you need to go to Home Depot or Lowe's and get
a length of 1 1/2 in. or 2 in. insulated tubing as used on freon lines.
  You will have to buy 3 foot pre cut piece.  You only need it the width
of the inside measurement of the sash opening.  Place it in the sash
with the slit side toward the room, and cut in line with that, a slit
the width of your ladder line,  180 degrees on the other side.  Run the
line thru the slits and lower the sash to just hold the tubing.  Will
work fine, even with that little spacing away from the metal sash. Of
Course, run the ladder line straight in at right angles to the sash
metal, to prevent coupling.

Now, your tuner will take care of any impedance bump if there should be
one near the sash.  (I have never detected any influence).

An all band ladder line fed dipole is hard to beat for convenience.  And
ladder line is easier to handle than most think.  Lower loss, and costs
less than coax.

Stuart Rohre
K5KVH