[TenTec] Tuner parallel line into the shack

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Jul 9 18:59:20 EDT 2013

On 7/9/2013 2:17 PM, R. Eric Sluder wrote:
> I'm glad I kept my book on telephone transmission lines.

It's also important to remember that those long telephone transmission
lines were also twisted pairs, to reject magnetic coupling from the
power lines that ran on the same poles.  Because their concern was
power, and the low order harmonics of power, the twist accomplished by
crossing over every pole or two.  To understand this, do a quick
calculation of the wavelength at 120 Hz. :)

73, Jim K9YC