[TenTec] Tuner

chacuff at cableone.net chacuff at cableone.net
Tue Jul 9 21:23:09 EDT 2013

I used a Carolina Windom (OCF dipole) with the radiating coaxial element and with the two ends dropped to form the windom config.  It worked very well.  Busted the 2007 Scarborough Reef expedition pileup with it and about 600 watts on 20m.  Used the tuner in the radio for all bands 80-10 as advertised when not running the amp.  Used an external tuner with the amp...never had a problem.

Didn’t have the tower and yagi’s back then but worked a lot of DX....

Cecil Acuff
Gulfport MS
K5DL