[TenTec] TT service

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Wed Jul 10 17:24:22 EDT 2013

Hey, let's be clear on one point.
Rob Sherwood does NOT rate rigs.

His list is NOT a ranking of performance of the radios.
It is only a ranking of close-in DR3 of all of these radios.

Many other things contribute to the overall performance of a radio and it is
not possible to list rigs in order of overall performance, because we all
have different performance needs.

73
Rick, DJ0IP

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of
stoskopf at tri.net
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 10:23 PM
To: tentec at contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] TT service

My Omni VII had some memory scramble and fried the output.  TT fixed it
cheaply quickly.  My original Orion took a lightning hit.  Up front they
told me it was doubtful if it could be fixed and would be at the end of the
repair line.  Took about 6 month, but it came back totally upgraded and
works well.  I can't complain about either situation.

Now that parts are unavailable requiring them to rethink their product
status they have a real problem in path to take:  Go as yet another SDR
platform with open firmware and get cloned or closed and stuck with upgrades
that people will complain about paying for and perhaps missing the good
stuff by violating open source, perhaps doing a hardware box that looks like
a radio that can be programmed, or doing a very good traditional rig.  Glad
I don't have to make that decision.

Meanwhile, I have a couple of near the Sherwood top rated rigs that will do
more than I can for a long time.

N0UU