[TenTec] OCF antennas evolution

k6jek k6jek at comcast.net
Sat Jul 13 17:08:21 EDT 2013

I guess I'm the only guy who would like to hear more about OCFs probably because I'm half considering putting one up again. Maybe this time armed with more knowledge, a better balun, and a couple of common mode chokes I'll have more luck.

I'm pretty curious about the results of Rick's experiments with a dozen different ones but maybe I'll have to wait for the book.

Incidentally, no one needs to get a book to study up on transmission line transformers. Just get the spreadsheet, TLcalc.xls. Type in a few parameters and it will give you an instant education, showing the impedance every 10 degrees down the line. I love this spreadsheet and I see there is a newer version.

http://www.qsl.net/aa3rl/tlcalc1.html