[TenTec] equipment storage?

Richards jrichards at k8jhr.com
Wed Jul 24 00:02:13 EDT 2013

On 7/23/2013 6:02 PM, Stuart Rohre wrote:

> Depends on your climate.   I would not store anything in an uninsulated
> garage, (or attic) in the South and Southwest, nor in the North in
> Winter.

	Right...

	Nor in summer... the humidity in Michigan
	can be terribly hard on metal stuff.

	I would store in the upper shelf of an indoor
	closet, myself.

You might do better putting rigs into styrofoam picnic (beer)
> coolers for insulation and padding.

	Some manufacturers will make you a proper
	storage and shipping box from one of their
	examples, and sell you the empty box - for
	example, TT uses that foam that molds to the
	exact unique shape of each rig, and maybe
	they can make a shipping box for one of their
	demo rigs (they have nearly one of every rig
	they ever made in a display room at TT HQ)
	and you could buy a proper shipping box that
	way.

Please do not construe any of this as contradicting what
Stuart said.