[TenTec] which balun?

Richards jrichards at k8jhr.com
Sun Jul 28 14:09:17 EDT 2013

On 7/28/2013 5:14 AM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:

> If you want to know the very best balun for your own situation, then the
> question is not what balun for your tuner but rather which balun should you
> use for the specific antenna(s) in question.

	WHILE WE SOLVE FOR X, WE MIGHT ALSO HAVE
	TO SOLVE FOR Y --- In addition to the right balun,
	we may need to consider what is the best type
	of TUNER is best for the application.

	Consistent with our observation that folks tend
	to want one balun to serve all bands, also they
	want one tuner to serve all antennas.

> In light of all of this, the best answer I read was from Bob, K4TAX.
> Unfortunately the prize for the best answer is a Cuban cigar.  Since it is
> illegal to ship those to the states, I'll just have to smoke it for you,

	Oh... too bad... that would have gone well
	with some good ol' Tennessee sipping whiskey....
	and I'll either drink to THAT, or drink that
	to it!