[TenTec] TT 238C will not tune

Wade Staggs tvman1954 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 23:06:29 EDT 2013

I do the same Bob, except for the other morning. You were correct about the
2:1 efficiency when that darn 450 ohm stuff gets wet. It just bothers me to
see the SWR Meter bouncing up like that. For the others ... When I call the
Tennessee Phone Net .. Morning Session .. it is just that time of morning
when the Sun is rising to burn off the moisture/morning dew. So, about 20
minutes into my Net, the SWR changes on my antenna/feedline. If, I had the
room ... there would be a dedicated and Coax fed Dipole just for 3.980 KHz.
Any other Net and I could avoid the small window of time each morning that
gives this problem.
Ten Tec Product Idea !!!!!! Why doesn't Ten Tec come up with an Analyzer
that does not look like a Square Box? Something with a switch set-up that
is a cool looking Console, that could be switched into and out of circuit.
Or better yet .... Built into an antenna tuner Manual of course. So that
when the Dummy Load is selected to tune the Amp .... You can also Set the
SWR/Match on your Antenna. I hate the looks of the Coax Switch and Big Box
look of the Analyzer on the desk but, it gets the job done without major
carrier signals one the air and making one heck of a racket.
                  There you go Ten Tec.... A New Product that helps the
operator and cuts down on the noise pollution of the bands... Please, send
my check to the QRZ address of my call.... Hi Hi ...

73 de Wade/KJ4WS