[TenTec] TT 238C will not tune

Al Gulseth wb5jnc at centurytel.net
Mon Jul 29 18:15:11 EDT 2013

Somewhere in the "tinker stuff" of my now SK dad's there was/is a homebrew
wooden ladder line jig. The method was to lay pieces of polystyrene rod or
square "stick" and the wires into designated places on the jig. He then used
a soldering gun with the tips replaced by rods slotted on the end to straddle
the spacers and heat the wire, melting it into the spacers. Shift the line
over in the jig and repeat. The jig could also be used to repair a broken
insulator.

(Dad was a teenager during the depression and I'm sure that was an influence
on his later "build from scratch" projects like this. I think there is also a
section of line he made with it around here somewhere.)

73, Al