[TenTec] OT: Openwire/Window Line and Bad Wx

Steve Berg wa9jml at frontier.com
Mon Jul 29 20:48:31 EDT 2013

Very true.  I have mostly worked QRP over the years, and while it can be
frustrating at times, getting a new one with 5 to 10 watts is quite a
thrill.  The last sunspot peak, I was writing my doctoral dissertation,
and kept the 6 meter rig running most of the time.  I managed to work
all continents with an Argonaut II, and a 1208 transverter barefoot into
a 4 element Hy-Gain beam at 50 feet.  I have been in this hobby since
1963, and doing this was the most fun I ever had.

I admit that it is easier to check in to the Ten Tec net with the
Corsair II, but I still managed it a number of times with the Argonaut VI.

At my current QTH, I am limited to my ground mounted trap vertical.
Once I move to my place in Wisconsin, I will have room for about any
antenna I would like to put up, and look forward to trying the Argo VI
with a really long wire antenna fed with open line.

Steve WA9JML