[TenTec] OT: Openwire/Window Line and Bad Wx

Robert Arenella rja12 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 30 17:13:56 EDT 2013

He uses two link coupled tuners.......The big Johnson Viking for 75
Meters and a homebrew unit for 160.  His main concern is static caused
by blowing snow in the winter, not lightning.  Enough voltage to arc
across a PL259 with a loud SNAP.  For this purpose the plate chokes work
fine.

73
Bob
N2OAM

On 7/30/2013 4:19 PM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
> Bob, that only works with the true link-coupled tuners, such as Johnson
> Viking, or Annecke.
> But most people don't have those, so they're hosed.
>
> I wanted to post how I do it but can't find pictures.
> It's late here, so I'll search for pictures tomorrow.
> Annecke used to sell some outstanding solutions to the grounding problems.
> I still own them, but unfortunately you can't buy them new anymore.
>
> 73
> Rick, DJ0IP

>>> N2OAM