[TenTec] 1208 Transverter will not transmit

AL7CR al7cr at punakea.com
Tue Jul 30 20:05:05 EDT 2013

I am attempting to build a 1208 kit I recently purchased.  The RX
section works very well.  The preliminary tests in section 6 are all
perfect also until step 6-21 at which I get absolutely no RF output.

I have made the VE7TK mod which addresses a mistake on the board which
can cause this problem.  Unfortunately this did not fix my difficulty.
I have double checked all soldering, parts placement, and connections.
I am using an LP100A to measure the output into a tuned 6m antenna.

I was hoping someone might remember a similar problem with their project
and have some advice.  If not ... I will complete the kit as a RX converter.

Thanks for any thoughts that may be of assistance.

AL7CR