[TenTec] How rare are Paragon II transceivers?

Peter Bertini radioconnection at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 15:24:09 EDT 2013

After owning an Omni VI for a few months I had a hankering to try the
Paragon II transceiver. I was lucky enough to find one in working condition
a few months later. I've been able to add a full filter compliment since
obtaining the radio. Why?  I was interested in the ability to open up the
TX range to cover between 160 and 10 meters with no gaps.

I'm kind of curious to know how rare the Paragon II transceivers might
be... I haven't seen a lot of information about them, and I assume that
very few were manufactured before the Paragon line was discontinued.

Pete